Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hope-ism. . . June 18, 2013

We are daily blessed with the sweet and/or funny things that Hope entertains us by saying.  We are also often amazed at the depth of her understanding, especially when it comes to the things of The Lord.  Here is a conversation that Hope and I had today while driving on our way to school. . .

Me:  "Hope I'm going to stay on the paved road and not take the gravel road due to all the rain.  What do you think?"

Hope:  "Yep, that's a good idea, mommy. . . it'll be muddy!"

Kept driving along for another minute, headed by the way that we used to drive Hope straight from school to gymnastics.

Hope:  "Hey, I remember this road. . . it was the way we went when you took me to gymnastics after school!"

Me:  "Wow, you remember that, Hopey!"

Hope:  "And now Gabi goes to gymnastics."

Me:  "That's right, honey.  Hopey does it make you sad when you remember going to gymnastics before your brain injury?"

Hope:  "Yes, sometimes."

Me:  "You know that's okay for you to feel sad sometimes, cause what happened to you is a sad thing.  But I sure am thankful to see how God has brought you so far, but most of all how He has helped you trust Him and be content with where you are right now and what you are able to do for now!"

Hope:  "And do you remember mommy, when you took me swimming and watched me swim?"

Me:  "I sure do, Hopey!  You were a great swimmer and lots of fun to watch!  Now I get to have fun watching you do different things!"

Hope:  "Yep, it's sad sometimes. . . like when Grandma Boyd died. . . that was very sad."

Me:  "Yes, it was sweetie."

Hope:  "Yep, it's okay to be sad sometimes, mommy. . . but never angry!"

No comments:

Post a Comment