Monday, August 5, 2013

Hope-ism July 7, 2013

The girls and I were on our way to church, driving the 20 mins that it takes to get there and reviewing their memory verse for Higher Ground Children's Ministry that morning.  Gabi had her verse down perfect and Hope was still struggling with it, and getting a little frustrated.  I encouraged her to remember that with her brain injury, this was a lot harder for her to do, but how awesome was it that God was slowly healing her and giving her the ability to not only speak it but memorize verses again!  I encouraged her that she could continue to ask The Lord for His help as He would delight to help her hide His Word in her heart, because that would honour and glorify Him.  I also mentioned that what He cared most about was not that she said every word perfect but that her heart understood the verse and knew what it meant.  So I set out then to talk them through the verse and discussing what each part meant as we went through it!  It was a great discussion!

Here is the verse. . .
"Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one.  I died, and behold I am alive forever more, and I have the keys of Death and Hades."   Revelation 1:17b-18

During our discussion of the meaning, we talked about the empty tomb after Jesus' resurrection.  We talked about what it must have been like to be the women who came to Jesus' tomb and were met by the angel.  During the conversation, there was a little lull in the speaking and Hope blessed my socks off with this. . .

"Mom, there were two Mary's, right!?!  The 'Mary' who SPICED Jesus and the 'Mary' who BIRTHED Jesus!"  

Talk about "smiles!"  I was one big smile. . . inside and out!  I love all the facts that God has kept in her mind and I love how He allows her to communicate them so uniquely and sweetly!  Afterwards, Hope continued to work on her memorization, and although not perfect, it was better. . . mostly her heart was "better" because it wasn't about how perfect it was but rather that she understood what it meant and that God was soaking His truth deep into her heart!  What an awesome and faithful God!!!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment