Sunday, June 29, 2014

June 29, 2014 -- Hope Proclaims

A message from Hope:

Hello friends!  You can be praying for me definitely this week, as I have a major surgery going on tomorrow.  It's called back surgery.  I think you all know that by now.  

I'm feeling pretty disappointed that God isn't doing it my way (to not have the back surgery), but I know that God has a different plan for me.  Maybe He has a different plan for me, like healing me before the doctor's eyes. . . that would be neat!  I can trust God even though I'm going through a huge trial right this moment, like in James 1:2-4 where it talks about. . .



"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.  And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

I'm worrying about if I will get paralyzed, but I don't think I should be worrying about this, because I can trust in the Lord God Almighty.  My sister's birthday is coming up soon and I want to give her the present I picked out for her already in case anything goes wrong.  I would like to hand the present to my sister for her birthday, so I'm hoping that nothing goes wrong.  My sister is a great delight to my day.  And if this happened to her, and not me, I would be terribly sad.

I can trust God because I believe in Him.  And I know the Bible says that God never stops loving me.  This was one of my memory verses. . . Romans 8:28, 35-39.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. . . Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?  As it is written:  "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."  No, in all these tings we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Even after that doctor appointment and I wanted to say "shut u-p" (Hope always spells the last two letters because she doesn't like to say it, as she considers it a bad word) to the doctor, but I knew that I couldn't say that.  I was really disappointed, but I believed in God to take me through this next trial.  Be praying that the surgery will go well, please.

Goodbye dear friends!  Be praying for me!

I wrote a poem!  Would you like to hear it?  It's called, "The Crazy Car."  Here I go. . . 

There was a car named Dusty
Who was so fair and rusty.
He worked so hard
To write a card
For his best car girlfriend named Musty.

I like writing poems a lot!  It's one of my favorite things to do.  And I also wrote a book called, "Doo Doo."  It feels like a hundred chapters long, but it's actually 30 something chapters long.  And now I'm working on a sequel to this book.  It is more interesting than the first one, because the first one was like a history of the family of who gets married to who, and I named all their children.  There's a lot of generations in this book, so it gets kinda hilarious with how long the family history gets.

And here is another poem that I also wrote. . .

Adventures With Horses

If I were a Palamino,
My name would be Jalapeno.
I would gallop wild and free,
Especially when chased by a bee.
I'd love to live by the ocean,
And hear the sounds of waves in motion.
A coconut fell on my head one day,
And I was washed away.
It took me to a far away place,
Where there were dogs in a race.
The dogs took me as their sled master,
And I would push them to go faster.
The more they ran, the more I got scared,
And then suddenly I disappeared.
I woke up in a far away land,
That was superb and grand.
There were monkeys and tropical birds.
There were warthogs and elephant herds.
I got to know the animals more,
As we took walks along the shore.
When I magically left my new friends,
I was sad that the adventure always ends.
I returned home and as I walked through the door,
All my buddies yelled, "Surprise!  You're four!"
A wonderful birthday celebration was had by all.
Adventures with horses are never small!

Thank you for praying for me, and for catching up on everything that my mom says.  Goodbye dear friends!

Here is Hope reciting one of her memory verses from this school year.  I think this was from a few months ago. . . and there is a second video of Hope telling about how she was teasing her daddy when practicing the verse. . . thought you might enjoy these videos. . .


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydy4kIFTAKA&feature=youtu.be
 



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Kjj9ScBgA&feature=youtu.be

2 comments:

  1. Great memory verses Hope! Keep up the good work! I pray that your back would be fine and if you get the sergery I pray for success and less pain! God Bless you Hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you in the Chicago IL area! I hope that your recovery is going well and that soon you will feel better than ever!

    ReplyDelete