Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sept 2, 2014 -- Hope Proclaims

A note from Hope:


Hi blog members!  I'm going through a very hard time right now.  Could you be praying for me that my back could be healed tonight, or that as they cut my back open, that He would heal my back straight in front of the doctor's eyes!

Sometimes I don't want to trust God because I feel angry at Him for making me have this back surgery instead of choosing to heal me.  But I can't be angry at God because I know that it is wrong to be angry at God and He's so powerful, He can zap me like that (He can take my life at any moment)!  But I also know that He loves me and I trust Him!  I trust Him because He is awesome and so powerful, and He knows what's best for me!  So I put my trust in Him! 

If I have this surgery tomorrow, please pray that I won't be in so much pain.  And that God will take care of me in His hands.  Please pray that God will make my back as straight as possible.  Please pray for my heart to be okay with God's plan.  Thank you people for praying for me.  Good bye!
____________________________________________
Hope also wrote a poem to share her heart with you. . . she loves writing poetry, and I love reading her poetry!  Here it is. . . 

Writer of My Story

A scary day is coming for me
I would rather not talk about it and be free
From the disappointment of never growing again
Losing flexibility, and being in pain
From the fears of the unknown
And feeling alone
I would rather forget about it and move on
But I know I can't make my problem gone.
I know that the Lord will help me through all that lies ahead
He'll be my shield, my strength, my comfort, and I'll be led
Beside still waters to calm my heart and soul
While storms around me swirl out of my control
Even though it's hard, I still will trust in God and His plan
Because I know He's holding me in His hand
My hope is in God
And I know He's not a fraud
God has got my back
And He won't be slack
I will give Him my life to use for His glory
As He continues to write my story.
______________________________________________
Psalm 23

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You annoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. 
______________________________________________

A shirt that a dear friend got for Hope a couple months ago, and Hope loves it. . . it has a "literal" meaning for her and that's why she included that in her poem!




4 comments:

  1. Praying for you, Hope. Many, many, prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are such a sweet girl! I have been praying for you along with my little girl Penny who is 4. She is praying that God would heal your back and give you peace! Thank you for your poems! I am very impressed that you can write such great poetry! We love you even though we have never met you and will be praying for you in the days and weeks to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope!! Your poem is AWESOME!! Nice work Kiddo.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the T-Shirt!!, it made me laugh out loud.. It's perfect.. Love you and praying for you sweetie..��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for Hope and the family.

    ReplyDelete